Mental health services are modalities we provide that help support people with mental illness. We offer assessments for those who have never been diagnosed but suspect there is an issue. Once assessed we create an individualized treatment plan.
We approach mental health issues with the patient in mind. After an assessment, we create a treatment plan that includes:
Visitation is offered daily. Please contact the facility directly for the specific visitation policy.
We want our patients to feel comfortable and at home during their stay at . We suggest bringing:
• Patient’s health insurance and prescription card and all information pertaining
• Current medications including OTC meds and inhalers. If possible, these will be sent home after verification.
• Five sets of comfortable clothing including underwear and socks, several pairs of pajamas or nightwear, a sweater or jacket, and one pair of comfortable slip-on shoes.
• Washers and dryers are available on the unit for washing clothes. No clothing should have strings or ties including shoes.
• A pillow (all linens are provided).
• Toiletries such as hair products (comb, brush), oral care (toothbrush, toothpaste alcohol-free mouthwash, denture cup, and denture cleaner), eye care (contact lenses, cleaning solution, case, eyeglasses), non-aerosol deodorant, soap, special use lotions. ( can supply some forgotten toiletries.)
• A small amount of jewelry including a wedding band, post earrings, and necklaces. Please be aware that NewVista is not responsible for the loss or theft of these items.
Patients may bring the following items, however, they will be staying in the personal belongings locker and permitted to be used during assigned times and under supervision:
• Books/Puzzle Books
Upon admission, we ask that our patients surrender or not bring:
• Devices such as computers, iPads, Kindles, iPod,s or anything that can access the internet • Radios, TVs, CD or tape players, handheld video games, or recording devices
• Cell phones. If you have a cell phone with you, we will keep it in the safe until you are discharged.
• Items containing alcohol or illicit drugs
• Weapons, guns, knives, ammunition, scissors, sharp metal or glass objects. NewVista reserves the right to determine if certain objects are considered weapons and therefore dangerous to patients or staff
• Picture frames (pictures are permitted)
• Clothing items displaying logos of drugs or alcohol or images conveying drugs or alcohol
• Food and drink items
• Tobacco products
• Aerosol sprays, flammable liquids, lighters, or matches
• Pornographic materials
•Rope, string, or yarn (shoes with strings are permitted)
• Spiral or wire-bound notebooks
• Nail polish, files, or nail polish remover
For the safety of all patients during their stay at facilities, the following items are not permitted on the hospital unit:
• Outside food, candy or gum
• Cell Phones
• Handheld video games
• Radio, TV’s, CD players, tape players, PDA or laptops
• Glass, metal, or hard plastic objects or containers
• Aerosol sprays or flammable liquids
• Lighters or matches
• Guns, knives, weapons, ammunitions rivervistahealth.com
Patients are required to dress appropriately. No headphones are to be used. No hats or sunglasses are to be worn. Clothing is required to be clean without obscene words, gestures, pictures, or alcohol or drug-related content. Provocative and distractive clothing is also prohibited. Undergarments are also required.
We are not responsible for lost or missing items that you retain in your possession. We ask that you send all valuables home and limit the amount of money in your possession to less than $20. Lastly, please limit the amount of jewelry you wear or valuables you choose to keep with you.
Patients who choose to call loved ones have the ability to do so by signing up on a call sheet that is kept at the nurse’s station.
Phone calls are not permitted after 8 pm.
We offer a wide range of specialty therapies that are led by qualified professionals in order to meet the needs of all of our clients. We stay informed on the latest proven techniques and incorporate new therapeutic treatments regularly.